To provide our customers with additional capacities, services and savings via rail, J&A has partnered with LaserNet
J&A's Partnership With LaserNet
- LaserNet is a full-service IMC (Intermodal Marketing Company)
- LaserNet possesses tremendous purchasing power with all the major railroads and steamship lines
- Additional transportation solutions and savings available via steamship and rail containers
- J&A can also ship international containers inland from ports
- 20', 40', 45' steamship containers; 40' and 45' have a high cubed option
- 48' & 53' intermodal containers
- Box cars
- Steel cars
- LaserNet maintains contracts with all the major steamship companies
- Steamship containers need to be repositioned to the West Coast port cities, allowing for very cost efficient rail backhaul rates
- Lanes to the West Coast port cities yield 50+% savings using 20', 40', & 45' containers
- Click Here for Key Corridors-PDF Format
Rail (48'/53') Container Service
- Over the past several years the railroads have increased performance and available service levels to compete with OTR (over-the-road) solutions
- Special rates offered on re-occurring rail shipments
- Expedited and guaranteed transit times for time-sensitive shipments (ramp to ramp)
- Service available throughout the US, Canada, and Mexico
Improved Communication Flow
- Ability to trace containers en-route to give daily progress
- Service performance and measurement reports offered
- E.D.I. capability
Container Weight Capacities
- 20' (steamship) ~ 34000 lbs.
- 40' (steamship) ~ 44000 lbs.
- 45' (steamship) ~ 44000 lbs.
- 48'/53' (rail) ~ 44000 lbs.